Monday, February 25, 2008

Wreck of the day

I feel (and I highly suspect also look) like a wreck. So it's finally here, the day of the moot. I could barely sleep last night because the butterflies in my stomach (and not the good kind either. But then again, when it comes to butterflies is there a good kind?) wouldn't stop fluttering. The consequences? I have dark circles under my eyes, making me look like a not so cute raccoon. I also feel like collapsing on my nice, purple bed (which btw, is covered in case law). Trust me, these are not things you would want to be experiencing on the day of your first moot. With a Kings College lecturer as the judge. Presenting your case in front of zillions of law students. And the publicity people. And I hear the guys are really really good.

Oh crap.

I don't know at which point this stopped being fun and turned into, literally, a NIGHTMARE! I've never been one to shy away from large crowds. But this is beyond anything I've ever done before. It's an experience, I guess. And as Kuhan so kindly put it, the embarrassment will eventually go away.

It doesn't help that Ms. Marguerite was a total mess, either. When Miss Hot Shot Lawyer turned Lecturer starts freaking out for you, well, you know you're basically screwed. Eu jin said he was nervous. Because he forgot to wear court shoes.

Sigh. I wish that was the only thing I had to worry about as well.
Oh well. Gotta go and get ready. Wish me luck.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

So how did it go?

gudluk :P hehe have a gud nice sleep tonite and jus forget about it ;) its ova now ehnu?

Juna said...

YES :D finally, i can get some sleep!

Unknown said...

foto ga thaathu tha? ekam boluga eyny kon raalheh bindhaalaafa??

Juna said...

eii mihaaru ge style ey..kihaa salhi tha

kaiza shozey said...

i highly doubt thats her in the pic. ok maybe the hair when u put some colour. but the rest of the.....ehrm ehrm. *whistle*

so did u have to wear a suit? what happened? come on come on. we all wanna know. u fell on ur face didnt you? *raises eyebrow*

Juna said...

haha u wish weirdo -_- we did pretty gud :D yess we had to wear a coat and even robes *i looked like harry potter with long hair*
Our appeal was dismissed..but well, so were theres.and they beat us by just a coupla points..so alls gud..

it was worth the stress.well,most if the stress.heh.

I cant wait for the finals =)

kaiza shozey said...

harry potter? heheh. meaning u looked like a boy dho? *evil grin*. bwahaha! im good at this.

finals? is it like a competition of some sort? obinoavey. kon baeh emme gadhaee? or kaaku? and when's ur next post gonna be? speaking of which i wanna write another post. its been too long.

Shaari said...

coupla points aint bad. looks like it was worth it afterall. best of luck in finals. when is it?

shan said...

i recently came back after giving a presentation about a multi million dollar software to the regional president of the company..there's nothing the dude doesnt know about it...and i just finished training O_O...it was torture i tell ya! O_O the dude kept on throwin questions at me..and all i could say infront of a room full of managers and directors and vp's was just "err..umm..uhh.." seriously! i froze! yea Kuhan is ryte..but he forgot to mention that it takes forever to go away..lol..

lets just hope u dont end up joining my club..lol...gud luck gal:)